RAIL FREIGHT YARD REQUIREMENTS LAND ASSESSMENT FOR THE EAST OF HUDSON AREA
The objective of this study was to determine the need for freight facilities and to survey land area in the New York Metropolitan Transportation Council (NYMTC) region to determine potential locations where yards could be situated or existing yards expanded. The objectives of this report are to: (1) investigate the need for additional facilities, (2) assess the land area necessary for either expanded or additional facilities, and (3) catalogue the parcels that are available for potential future use as part of the regional rail freight system. The geographic area east of the Hudson River is the focus of this study.
- Record URL:
New York Metropolitan Transportation Council45-46 21st Street
Long Island City, NY USA 11101-5407
- Mann, H J
- Publication Date: 2003-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Land; Location; Metropolitan areas; Needs assessment; Railroad facilities; Railroad yards; Railroads; Regional railroads; Regional transportation; Surveying
- Geographic Terms: New York Metropolitan Area
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00960504
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 30 2003 12:00AM