BUYING TIME: GUIDEBOOK. A GUIDEBOOK FOR THOSE CONSIDERING CONGESTION RELIEF TOLLS IN THEIR COMMUNITIES. VOLUME I
This guidebook addresses the political and institutional issues involved with congestion relief tolling. It is targeted to policymakers, elected officials, and community leaders. Seven recommendations are provided for overcoming barriers, illustrated with examples from specific cities. A glossary of terms is provided for those less familiar with transportation terminology. The guidebook is based on written materials and interviews with participants from the Federal Highway Administration's Congestion Pricing Pilot Program, and on focus groups and a Citizens Jury (registered trademark) project conducted by the State and Local Policy Program at the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume II: Buying Time: Final Report and Volume III: Buying Time: Symposium.
University of Minnesota, Twin CitiesHumphrey Institute of Public Affairs, 280 Humphrey Center
Minneapolis, MN United States 55455
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Van Hattum, D
- Zimmerman, M
- Publication Date: 1996-10
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Congestion pricing; Guidelines; Institutional issues; Political factors; Recommendations; Socioeconomic development; Traffic congestion; Traffic mitigation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mitigation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00741931
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 15 1997 12:00AM