GOOD PAINTING PRACTICE. STEEL STRUCTURES PAINTING MANUAL. VOLUME 1. THIRD EDITION
This third edition of Volume 1 of the Steel Structures Painting Manual has been revised to incorporate new information. Several chapters have been added and several have been revised to reflect changes in the industrial painting industry since 1982. One of the most important changes is increased attention to environmental and health effects. The chapter titles reflect the topics covered and are as follows: (1.0) Introduction; (1.1) Corrosion of Steel - Simplified Theory; (1.2) Paints for Anti-Corrosion Service; (2.0) Surface Preparation; (2.1) Mechanical Surface Preparation; (2.2) Metallic Abrasives; (2.3) Non-Metallic Abrasives; (2.4) Abrasive Air Blast Cleaning; (2.5) Water Blast Cleaning; (2.6) Hand and Power Tool Cleaning; (2.7) Field Surface Preparation Costs; (2.8) Other Methods and Factors in Surface Preparation; (2.9) Chemical Cleaning; (3.1) Special Pre-Paint Treatments: Phosphating; (3.2) Pickling Steel Surfaces; (4.1) Paint Materials; (4.2) Zinc-Rich Primers; (4.3) Corrosion Inhibitive Pigments and How They Function; (5.1) Paint Application; (5.2) Scaffolding; (5.3) Safety in Paint Application; (6.0) Inspection; (7.1) Quality Control of Paints - As Manufactured; (7.2) Quality Acceptance of Paints - As Received by the User; (8.0) Comparative Painting Costs; (9.0) Shop Painting of Steel in Fabricating Plants; (10.0) Painting of Railroad Bridges and Structures; (11.0) Painting of Highway Bridges and Structures; (12.0) Painting of Steel Vessels for Salt Water Service; (13.0) Painting of Steel Vessels for Fresh Water Service; (14.1) Painting Steel Tanks; (14.2) The Lining of Steel Tanks; (15.0) Painting Hydraulic Structures; (16.1) Coatings for Pipelines and other Underground Structures; (16.2) Cathodic Protection; (17.0) Painting of Industrial Plants; (17.1) Waste Treatment Plants; (17.2) Painting of Coke and Steel Plants; (17.3) Petroleum Refinery Coatings; (17.4) Painting Chemical Plants; (17.5) Painting Pulp and Paper Mills; (17.6) Painting Food Plants; (17.7) Power Generation Facilities; (18.0) Government Painting Practices; (19.0) Training Programs for Painting; (20.0) Thermal Sprayed Coatings; (21.0) Hot Dip Galvanizing; (22.0) Painting Galvanized Steel; (23.0) Causes and Prevention of Paint Failure; (24.0) Painting Navy Ships; (25.0) Design of Corrosion-Safe Structures; (26.0) Safety and Health in the Protective Coatings Industry; (27.0) Environmental Regulations Affecting Protective Coatings; (27.1) Air Quality Regulations; (27.2) Waste Handling and Disposal; and (27.3) Other Regulations Affecting Protective Coatings.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0938477811
Steel Structures Painting Council40 24th Street, 6th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15222
- Publication Date: 1994-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 661 p.
- TRT Terms: Abrasives; Anticorrosion coatings; Blast cleaning; Cleaning; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Costs; Highway bridges; Hydraulic structures; Inspection; Manuals; Paint; Painting; Pipelines; Protective coatings; Quality control; Railroad bridges; Safety; Scaffolds; Ships; Steel; Steel structures; Surface preparation; Surface treating; Zinc rich paint
- Old TRIS Terms: Chemical cleaning; Paint application; Steel corrosion; Steel structure painting; Steel vessels
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Materials; Pipelines; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment; I34: Steels and Metals;
- Accession Number: 00728369
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0938477811
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1996 12:00AM