BASIC TRAINING PROGRAM IN RADAR SPEED MEASUREMENT. INSTRUCTOR'S LESSON PLAN
This Instructor's Lesson Plan manual was prepared to assist the teacher(s) of the basic course in RADAR speed measurement. The goal of this course is to improve the effectiveness of speed enforcement through the proper and efficient use of RADAR speed measurement devices. The contents of this manual are presented in eight Units, as follows: (1) Overview and Introduction; (2) Speed Offenses and Speed Enforcement; (3) Basic Principles of RADAR Speed Measurement; (4) Legal and Operational Considerations; (5) Operation of Specific RADAR Devices: Classroom Segment; (6) Moot Court; (7) Operation of Specific RADAR Devices: Field Practice Segments; and (8) Course Summary.
- Record URL:
- See also Course Administrator's Manual (HS-900 070) and Trainee Instructional Manual (HS-900 072).
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1982-9
- Pagination: 212 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Instructors; Manuals; Radar; Speed measurement; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Training courses
- Old TRIS Terms: Lesson plans
- Subject Areas: Education and Training;
- Accession Number: 00721396
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-900 071
- Files: HSL, NTL, USDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1996 12:00AM