DOUBLE BITUMINOUS SURFACE TREATMENT. USER'S GUIDE
A double bituminous surface treatment is a method of pavement construction that involves two separate applications of asphalt binder material and mineral aggregate on a prepared surface. Double bituminous surface treatments are used for surfacing roads and streets, parking areas, open storage areas, and airfield shoulders and overruns. This report includes discussions of the description, applications, benefits, limitations, costs, and recommended uses for double bituminous surface treatments. Information on a double bituminous surface treatment demonstration site is also provided.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS USA 39180-6199
- Burke, W E
- Publication Date: 1994-7
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt cement; Bituminous materials; Emulsified asphalt; Mineral aggregates; Paving; Surface treating
- Old TRIS Terms: Bituminous surface treatments
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00680363
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-MP-GL-94-29, FEAP-UG-94-01
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1995 12:00AM