PLANNING FOR TRANSIT-FRIENDLY LAND-USE. A HANDBOOK FOR NEW JERSEY COMMUNITIES
This handbook has been prepared by NJTRANSIT as a guide to New Jersey communities that wish to consider the implementation of "transit friendly" land use plans around their transit stations, along their major transit corridors, and for proposed new areas of development. It has been specifically designed to assist elected and appointed planning officials, members of planning and zoning boards, technical planning staff members, community representatives, and individual citizens interested in improving the relationship between land use planning and transit.
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
- Prepared by the consulting team of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Lehr & Associates, Edwards and Kelcey, Inc., Jane Lyle Diepeveen, P.P., and Joyce Wilson Graphic Design.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1994-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Communities; Handbooks; Land use planning; Livability; Quality of life; Social values
- Identifier Terms: New Jersey Transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values; Transit friendly
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00675441
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NJTPA-F-2005, FTA-NJ-80-X0016
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 4 1995 12:00AM