THE MERCHANT SHIPPING ACT OF 1894: FORMAL INVESTIGATION INTO SHIPPING CASUALTY S.S. LONDON VALOUR (O.N.187505)
A formal investigation was held in Westminster from 19 April to 21 April, and on 24 April and 25 April 1972, to inquire into the circumstances pertaining to the stranding and subsequent loss of the steamship LONDON VALOUR off the port of Genoa on 9 April 1970, with the loss of 20 lives. The Court found that the stranding and subsequent loss of LONDON VALOUR was caused by the wrongful act or default of the master of the LONDON VALOUR.
- Report; Report of Court No.8055
London: Her Majesty's Stationery Office, ZZ N/A
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Crash investigation; Groundings (Maritime crashes); Marine safety; Reports; Shipwrecks; Water transportation crashes
- Identifier Terms: London Valour (Ship)
- Geographic Terms: Italy
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00649760
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM