UNIFORM VEHICLE CODE AND MODEL TRAFFIC ORDINANCE 1992
This volume contains the 1992 revised editions of the "Uniform Vehicle Code" and "Model Traffic Ordinance". The "Uniform Vehicle Code" is a specimen set of motor vehicle laws, designed and advanced as a comprehensive guide or standard for state motor vehicle and traffic laws. It is based on actual experience under various state laws throughout the nation. It reflects the need for uniformity in traffic regulation throughout the United States and, to this end, serves as a reliable, contemporary guide for use by state legislatures. The "Model Traffic Ordinance" is a specimen set of motor vehicle ordinances for a municipality or other unit of local government and is consistent with the recommended state law embodied in the "Uniform Vehicle Code". The provisions of the Ordinance are designed as a guide or standard for a local government to follow in reviewing their traffic ordinances or considering the development or revision of a model traffic ordinance.
National Committee on Uniform Traffic Laws and Ordinances405 Church Street, P.O. Box 1409
Evanston, IL United States 60204
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 197 p.
- TRT Terms: Laws; Local government; Motor vehicles; Ordinances; State government; Traffic regulations
- Identifier Terms: Uniform Vehicle Code
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic laws
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle laws & regulations
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00625483
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 9 1993 12:00AM