TRAVELER RESPONSE TO TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM CHANGES: SECOND EDITION
This second edition of the traveler response handbook provides a readily accessible, interpretive, contemporary documentation of the experience and insights gained from the application and analysis of various transportation system changes. A digest of the travel behavior findings derived from available literature has been prepared for each of 9 transportation system management topic areas. These are Pool/Bus Priority Facilities, Variable Work Hours, Pool/Transit Fringe Parking, Vanpools/Buspools, Transit Scheduling/Frequency, Bus Routing/Coverage, Express Transit, Transit Fare Changes, and Transit Marketing/Brokerage. Each topical digest begins with a listing of the types of system change included, followed by a "Traveler Response Summary" section which highlights the traveler response findings for the topic. The cross-referenced Handbook bibliography covers 16 additional specific system change and research topic areas: 25 low cost and capital intensive transportation system changes and related areas of investigation in total.
- See also report for February 77, PB-265 830.
Pratt (RH) Associates, Incorporated10400 Connecticut Avenue
Kensington, MD United States 20795
Federal Highway AdministrationUrban Planning Division, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Pratt, R H
- Coople, J N
- Publication Date: 1981-7
- Pagination: 408 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital costs; Carpools; Consumer behavior; Fares; Guidelines; Handbooks; Improvements; Marketing; Park and ride; Public transit; Routing; Scheduling; Traffic engineering; Transit vehicle operations; Transportation; Transportation operations; Travel behavior; Travel demand; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Low-capital transportation improvements (Lcti); Priority treatment; User reactions
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00346712
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-9579
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 2003 12:00AM