Simple methods of flexible pavement design using cone penetrometers
Because of the time and cost involved, very few road authorities use a strength test in evaluating the subgrade of a road. The paper sets out two simple and quick methods of obtaining the strength in the field, using either a static or dynamic cone. Reasonable correlation has been obtained with field california bearing ratio. Methods of estimating pavement thickness from test results are presented (a).
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0858252929
- Scala, A J
- Publication Date: 1985
- Pagination: 1-12
- TRT Terms: Bituminous pavements; Cone penetrometers; Dynamic penetration test; Pavement design; Static penetration test
- ATRI Terms: Bituminous pavement; Cone penetrometer; Dynamic penetration test; Pavement design; Static penetration test
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01426280
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0858252929
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 24 2012 1:42PM