Traffic intrusion into residential areas: Bellerive
This report is concerned with the intrusion of unnecessary through traffic into the residential areas of bellerive, a suburb of Hobart. The report reviews the historical aspects of the problem and emphasises that problems of this nature need to be considered on the basis of overall planning to ensure the maintenance of amenity in residential areas. Results of various surveys are presented and alternative solutions are discussed. The construction of the bellerive bypass, currently planned to be commenced in 1985, is found to provide the optimum solution to remove non local traffic from the clarence street corridor. Interim solutions are proposed.
Tasmania. Transport Department. Traffic Engineering Division,
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 21p
- TRT Terms: Bypasses; Data collection; Households; Residential areas; Streets; Through traffic; Traffic calming; Traffic restraint
- ATRI Terms: Bypass; Data collection; Household; Local area traffic management; Residential area; Street; Through traffic; Traffic restraint
- Subject Areas: Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 01423807
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 24 2012 12:06PM