Unsealed roads manual: guidelines to good practice
This revised edition of the Manual is recommended reading for practitioners in local government, state road authorities and other agencies responsible for the maintenance and management of unsealed roads. This edition includes the latest research and development findings, with comments and improvements contributed by practitioners. The upgrade includes: (1) Increased content reflecting comments made by many delegates who attended workshops held across Australasia on the better management of unsealed roads; (2) Details on the latest research findings, new developments and world's best practice in maintenance and management of unsealed roads; (3) Two new chapters covering maintenance specifications and environmental considerations; and (4) case studies highlighting how the application of good practice has resulted in significant cost savings or improved operating conditions. The manual is intended for junior engineers or works supervisors who are responsible for the maintenance, design and construction of unsealed roads. Because of the comprehensive nature of the manual and the various options it offers, it will also be useful to experienced practitioners who can select from the options the most appropriate practice for local conditions. The manual has been prepared using the accumulated knowledge and practical experience of many agencies in Australia and overseas. It includes valuable contributions from many municipal councils, state road authorities, forestry organisations, Department of Defence - Army, and consultants. A comprehensive literature search of Australian and overseas information on unsealed roads has also contributed to the content, and the manual has been reviewed by a number of practitioners responsible for the management of unsealed roads.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1876592109
- Sponsored by Commonwealth Department of Transport and Regional Services, and Department of Defence - Army. This document supersedes the first edition, 1993 - see record 9306AR106E. It is superseded by the 2009 edition.
- Giummarra, G (
- Publication Date: 2000-8
- Pagination: 1 vol (loose-leaf) + 1 floppy disk
- TRT Terms: Asset management; Construction management; Economic analysis; Environment; Geometric design; Gravel roads; Highway design; Highway maintenance; Pavement components; Pavement design; Pavements; Road shoulders; Specifications; Tests for suitability, service and quality; Unpaved roads
- ATRI Terms: Asset management; Construction method; Economic analysis; Environment; Geometric design; Maintenance method; Pavement design; Pavement evaluation; Pavement materials; Road improvement; Road maintenance; Shoulder; Specifications; Unsealed road
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01395196
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 1876592109
- Report/Paper Numbers: USR001
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 23 2012 12:20PM