TRANSPORTATION AS AN INPUT TO THE NORTH DAKOTA AGRICULTURAL MARKETING PROCESS
The primary objective of this report is to examine the influence rail carriers have on grain marketing in the north central plains. Secondary objectives are to: 1. characterize grain marketing practices of North Dakota elevators; 2. examine the concepts of geographic, product, intermodal, and intramodal competition as they relate to the possible market dominance, in the context of grain transportation; 3. identify potential concerns/opportunities North Dakota elevators face regarding the future of rail.
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by the Department of Transportation, University Transportation Centers Program, and the U. S. Department of Agriculture.
Upper Great Plains Transportation InstituteNorth Dakota State University
1320 Albrecht Boulevard
Fargo, ND United States 581052
- Vachal, K
- Bitzan, John
- Tolliver, D
- Publication Date: 1996-2
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Agriculture; Competition; Grain; Grain elevators; Marketing; Railroad transportation
- Geographic Terms: North Dakota
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00722179
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MPC Rept. No. 96-54
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1996 12:00AM